GOOD EATING HABITS
There are a number of important factors
for maintaining good health, related to
the diet. This includes foods eaten, time
difference between two meals, combination
and quantity of foods, cleanliness and
- Food should be fresh, hot, tasty and
easy to digest.
- There should be at least a four hour
difference between any two meals.
- Restrict the number of items in one
meal. The items taken in one meal should
not contradict each other. For example,
(milk and orange juice).
- A feeling of tiredness or heaviness
in the stomach after eating, indicates
improper eating practices.
- Food should be taken only when hungry
and strictly according to digestive power.
- Do not eat while watching television
or while reading. Eat in peaceful and
- Do not rush eating or eat too slowly.
Chew the food thoroughly.
- Fruits should not be mixed with meals.
Either take a separate meal constituted
only of fruits or eat fruits as a snack
between two meals.
- Do not drink water one hour before
or after meals though it is fine to drink
it in small quantities with meals.